THE TRUSTEE FOR THE LET ME KNOW FOUNDATION ABN 99 607 918 078 (“Let Me Know”, “we”, “us”) is committed to protecting your privacy and the privacy of any personal information provided to us. In accordance with the amendments of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) which came into effect on 21 December 2001 (“Privacy Act”), we comply with the National Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act. This section outlines how we manage privacy protection of your personal information
PRIVACY COLLECTION STATEMENT
We are committed to respecting the privacy of all users of the Let Me Know App.
The Let Me Know App is a web-based application hosted by Amazon. The types of information that may be collected as a result of your use of the Let Me Know App are:
- the fact that you have accessed the App and the date and time of your visit;
- statistical information about your server address and your top level domain name (for example, .com, .com.au, .gov.au, .co.uk. etc);
- the pages you have accessed and the documents you have downloaded (if applicable);
- the previous site you visited (if you have linked to this App); and
- the type of browser you use.
We will not make any attempt to identify you or your browsing activities from the collection of this information.
If you choose to register upon downloading the App, then some personal information will be recorded against your user profile. It will only be used for the purposes of enabling us to:
- provide services to you in accordance with the aims and functions of the Let Me Know App;
- contacting you if you request a call back from our support personnel;
- provide information and resources to you (for example, if you request any materials to be sent to you);
- meet our App management needs and internal requirements; or
- engage in direct marketing activities or promotional activities with you via sms or email (if you have registered your email address with us and have not "opted-out").
What is personal information?
When used in this Policy, "personal information" has the meaning given in the Privacy Act. Generally, it means any information or an opinion that could be used to identify you.
How do we collect personal information?
We may collect your personal information if you:
- download our Let Me Know App and register as a user;
- deal with us directly over the phone or via our support service;
- request our support;
- have contact with us in person;
- interact with us online, including through the Let Me Know App, any associated website and social media channels (such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and LinkedIn – these social media channels will also handle your personal information for their own purposes and have their own privacy policies); or
- apply for a position with us (either as an employee, volunteer or financial donor).
This collection may be required to allow you to:
- use the Let Me Know App;
- receive a call back from us;
- receive information from us;
- participate in any of our events;
- order or request resources or materials;
- receive information about or become involved in our programs, campaigns or other initiatives;
- apply to hold a fundraising event;
- register as a volunteer; or
- work with us.
Collecting personal information through our mobile applications and websites
We may log IP addresses (that is, the electronic addresses of computers or devices connected to the internet) to analyse trends, administer websites, track user’s movements and gather broad demographic information.
Our App is web-based through Amazon Web Services and uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States
Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Amazon. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage in order to improve our services.
What personal information do we collect?
We collect the personal information which you tell us. This may include your name, address, age or date of birth, telephone number, MFB workplace details and employee identification, MFB work history, email address, general family details, or any amount you have donated. With your consent, we may also collect health information about you, such as your medical history and information about your past or current mental and physical health, diet, illnesses, injuries and health and wellness habits, along with current information about your mental health and levels of work-induced stress and anxiety.
If you order certain resources, or make a donation to us, you may also provide credit card details and other information which will allow us to process your request and make the transaction.
We may also request:
- your preferences for receiving further information about our programs, campaigns or activities;
- additional types of personal information involving your work or home; and
- demographic information and unique identifiers in order to provide you with a more personalised experience or to verify your passwords.
The choice of how much information you provide to us is yours, but if you want to register as a user of the Let Me Know App, make a donation, or otherwise participate in our programs and events, we require certain information from you in order to provide those services.
Where possible, you have the option of interacting with us anonymously or using a pseudonym if you feel more comfortable dealing with us that way. For example, if you contact us by telephone with a general question we will not ask for your full name unless we need it to answer your question.
Wherever possible, we will try to collect personal information from you directly, rather than from another person or source, unless it is unreasonable or impractical to do so.
How does Let Me Know use your personal information?
The personal information you provide to us may be used by us for the following purposes:
- to allow you to obtain access to the interactive elements of the Let Me Know App and any associated websites (including any other Let Me Know websites);
- to provide you with the information, resources or merchandise you have requested;
- to involve you in programs, campaigns, research, activities or other initiatives undertaken by Let Me Know or the MFB;
- for internal administrative purposes;
- to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
- for research, quality improvement, advice and information, including for benchmarking purposes;
- to send you emails about our programs, campaigns or activities if you have agreed to receive our emails (you will be provided with an opportunity in each email to decline to receive any further emails from us by unsubscribing – if you are registered as a user or our App, you can also edit your email preferences via your user account);
- in the case of marketing automation, to improve the emails that are sent to you and to improve the services that are offered to you;
- to assess any application from you to work with us; and
- if you lodge a complaint with us, to process and respond to your complaint.
If you access the interactive elements of the Let Me Know App and any associated website (including online forums), only your display name will be shown online. We recommend that you do not post information online that may identify you or anyone else such as your address, email address or phone number. If you do post personal information online, your personal information may be identified, recovered and displayed by internet search engines.
Regardless of where in the world you reside, Let Me Know may transfer your data to Australia and process and store it there.
Other than for the purposes described above, we will not use your personal information without your prior consent.
Security of your personal information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure the security of all information we collect, including that the information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. For example, your personal information is maintained in a secure environment, which can be accessed only by authorised personnel. However, no data transmission over the internet or information stored on servers accessible through the internet can be guaranteed to be fully secure.
In addition, we take reasonable steps to destroy or de‐identify your personal information once we no longer need it.
Disclosure of personal information
- service providers that host the Let Me Know App and website servers;
- support personnel or those involved in providing the Let Me Know App support service
- marketing service providers; and
- professional advisors (such as accountants, auditors and lawyers).
We may also disclose your personal information (other than your health information) if:
- you have consented to the disclosure;
- you have requested our assistance or contact;
- where disclosure is necessary to prevent injury to life or health; or
- it is required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order.
We only disclose your health information for the purposes for which you gave it to us or for a directly related purpose you would reasonably expect or if you agree.
We do not directly disclose personal information to recipients located overseas.
Accessing and correcting personal information
You may request access to your personal information collected by us and ask that we correct that personal information. You can ask for access or correction by contacting us at https://www.letmeknow.org.au/contact and we will usually respond within 30 days. If we refuse to give you access to, or correct, your personal information, we will notify you in writing setting out the reasons.
Complaints or queries about your privacy
If you believe your privacy has been breached or you have a complaint about how we have handled your personal information or have any questions about how we handle your personal information or health information please contact us in writing at https://www.letmeknow.org.au/contact.
We will respond within a reasonable period (usually within 20 days). If you are not satisfied with our response, then you may lodge a formal complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (for more information, please see www.oaic.gov.au).
This Policy was last updated 25/07/2018
How to contact us
Attention: The Privacy Officer
PO Box 151